I write about a wide range of topics, including the tourism, hospitality, and travel industries, as well as other “lifestyle” topics such as food and wine, parenting and family life, design and home décor, retail, sustainability, entertaining, and more.
I’m also a former tourism marketer with 15+ years of destination marketing experience — a valuable source of industry-specific insights and instincts that informs my work.
My skills include:
- Content Strategy
I’m certified in Content Strategy for Professionals by Northwestern University, and have completed the Content Marketing Institute’s Master Class.
- Editorial Ideation
- Social Media Strategy
- Team Management
I’m a member of NYSTIA (New York State Travel Industry Association), ASJA (American Society of Journalists and Authors), and PTBA (Professional Travel Bloggers Association).
My copywriting and content creation awards include:
- The New York State Travel Industry Association (NYSTIA) 2015 Tourism Marketing award – for concept, strategy, and copywriting – as part of the agency team collaborating on the Dutchess County Tourism campaign.
- A 2014 Gold Service Industry Award, as part of the agency team collaborating on the Dutchess County Tourism 2013 integrated marketing campaign.
- A 2013 Hermes Creative Award in the e-mail blast category for an announcement piece written for the NY NOW home and lifestyle trade show.
- A 2012 Gold MarCom award in the advertorial writing category for a four-page piece in The Crafts Report magazine.
- Gold and bronze awards in the 2011 Annual NATJA (North American Travel Journalists Association) Competition in the “Intergenerational and Family Travel – Internet” and the “Historical or Hobby Travel – Internet” categories.
- The New York State Travel & Vacation Association (NYSTVA) 2011 Tourism Marketing award – for concept, strategy, and copywriting – as part of the agency team collaborating on the Dutchess County Tourism campaign.
Looking for my résumé / CV?
This provides background of my traditional employment experience prior to 2007.